The Lone Ranger

That's right, folks, I'm solo parenting for a while!  I've been on my own since Tuesday, and so far, things have gone pretty well.  I was tired today because the baby slept like crap last night, which meant my motivation was low for cleaning the entire house in preparation for my parents' arrival on Monday - but on balance, we look pretty good!  I met all my work obligations this week, kids had a good week at school (and we were even arriving on time by Friday!), and swimming lessons went well today despite a torrential downpour.  During the bit of time we have right before bed, I'm even trying to teach Maya to read!  I bought most of the girls' Christmas and birthday presents, and on Wednesday, I even had both girls asleep in their own beds (with the dishes done!) by 8pm.  Super mom alert!!! :)

Anyway, Annika cut her third tooth yesterday and is getting very good at pulling to a standing position.  Her other trick is that she's definitely figured out what clothes (and shoes) are for, and she tries to put them on ALL DAY LONG - which is pretty funny to watch :)  We still don't have any words, but she sure does say a lot of ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma....

Some photos and video for your amusement:

Maya and Annika reading together :)

I ordered this shirt for Annika and it's size 18m,
 but it fits Maya - who's 35lbs and 41 inches.

Grandma sent new size 4T pjs :)

She's fallen on her face like 5 times in the
past three days, but man, she is *determined* to stand
"Party for caterpillars"







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Diary

Professor mommy

The Two Week Wait