Romantic notions


It was a grand and romantic idea, having an anonymous blog, but I've decided that the world is not quite ready for that :)  This blog will also be for people who know me, and yes, my mom will probably read it.  

The holidays were excellent, and all the snow here melted the week we returned to the North Country.  Now I can walk to work without fearing for my life - people here are a bit lax about shoveling the sidewalks (and streets, too, actually! Where on earth are our insanely high property taxes going?), and there were whole stretches of positively treacherous ice/snow that scared the daylights out of me.  If I make it through this winter without landing on my head, I will chalk it up to an unambiguous success.

Work in the new year is busy as ever, but I'm trying to do my best to balance work with fun stuff.  It's going better than last semester, which was insane because of the move to a new city/house/job.  I made a new lab website and one of my papers went out for second review, so that probably constitutes progress.  Oh, and we got new neighbors next door!  Thankfully, they're totally normal and cool - someday, I'll have to preserve the stories of our neighbor on the other side ("Ralph") on here for posterity.  Even Hollywood couldn't make him up, I swear.

Here are some fun photos from our holiday trip:




By far, the best bird of the trip!  Rails are the best.


Some photos of us playing in the desert:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Diary

Professor mommy

The Two Week Wait