Dual fuel

We are back from a wonderful trip up north!  Maya got to meet another baby who's only 9 months older (and can walk and talk and play!), which was great because we got a preview of what Maya will soon be like!  Thanks to Meg for inviting us up to her family's fantastic working cherry farm - we learned a ton about a yummy North Country staple :)

Independently and unknowingly (until the next morning), we bought
and dressed the babies in the same pj's…freaky!

Baby boo in her second Great Lake!

Such fun had by all!

We also had a great visit from my in-laws, who stopped by to visit the baby on their way back from a wedding.  What a great weekend all around!

Baby's learning how to swing :)

A hit, methinks!


The fam :)

Everything is more fun with Daddy :)

I have decided that this - from 6 to 7 months - is the ideal age for a baby.  They're super cute, not really mobile yet, and best of all, they run on "dual fuel" :)  If we're super busy and running around and all I can give her is some solid food, no problem.  If we're traveling and there's no food and all I can do is nurse, no problem.  Flexi-baby to an extreme, I love it!

Our other major development is that I was, in fact, correct about seeing hints of a tooth.  This photo was taken a few days ago, and this tooth has now pushed through and the other central incisor next to it is on its way up.  I didn't get my first tooth until I was something like 15 months old (yes, really!), so this is most unexpected!  It feels like there's a little razor blade in there, but she hasn't bitten me…yet.

She absolutely *hates* it when I stick my fingers in her mouth.  Hates.

And one last picture for husband, since he thought it was funny: a tired Mama trying to do work with a cranky, poorly sleeping, teething baby :)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Diary

Professor mommy

The Two Week Wait