10 Months!

Yay, Maya!  We are celebrating tonight by eating…leftovers :)  We did have a great morning today on a playdate with some of our work friends who have 2-year-old twin girls - totally adorable!

I apologize in advance here that again, this will be a short post….

New and exciting developments:

- Upper central incisors are finally coming in!!  Right side is completely broken through, left side is at the "hole" stage where there's a single open area, but I can't actually feel anything sharp yet.  These new teeth will give her a whole new look - my baby will look like a toddler now!

- We have words!  So far, she (reliably) says uh oh, dada, duck (=all birds), and abba (Abby).  There's a mama thrown in there upon occasion, but she also sometimes calls me duck.  Oh well.

- We have one new sign to add to "cheese" - this one is "shoe."  She loves both with an uncanny passion.

- She's decided walking isn't really for her.  She used to be quite bold, but now she immediately sits down when we try to have her stand alone.  Not ready yet, I guess!

- We're still loving swimming lessons!  We're now signed up through her birthday - woohoo!

I'll go back and edit this list later if I can think of anything else because I'm sure I'm missing things.

Overall, we're all doing great.  Baby loves day care, I love work, house is still messy.  We will post more photos for Halloween (my absolute favorite holiday - and I've found my red nail polish in case the squirrels find the porch pumpkins again!), but here are some cuties to tide you over in the meantime.

Story time with dada - one of the few ways to keep her still!

Her new favorite sleeping position.  I check her incessantly for breathing when she's like this!
And yes, it's freezing at night now, so I have begrudgingly begun giving her a blanket some nights.
So scary!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Diary

41 Weeks

Professor mommy