Hello!

We're alive!  The conference was fantastic!  We've weaned (and it was sooooo easy!)!  We're speaking in sentences and singing songs!  Life is good!

I apologize for the long absence, and I'm not sure it's going to get better soon.  I'm in 100% paper-writing mode, and I will be until the end of the year so that I can get a permanent job.  I've been preparing a MS for Science (!!!), which is now finished except for the cover letter, and I even feel guilty taking time to write this blog post now because I should be working on that.  Also, husband is in Brazil for the next 3 weeks (he left last weekend), so I'm also solo parenting.  Day care hours are like rare gems, and I have to use them wisely because I'm on 100% parenting duty outside of them.

That said, Maya and I are having a blast with our "girls only" time.  I ordered a bunch of art supplies for some weekend fun, we've got some zoo and museum trips planned, and we're eating all the mac and cheese - and mushroom dishes -  that we can cook, since husband hates both.  Mostly, we're just trying to squeeze every drop we can out of the remaining days of summer, which are quite limited…a few of the trees are already starting to change, my goodness.

Here are a few of the photos from our summer adventures so far:

"Sunnies!" are a current favorite toy

Looking for massasaugas with Mama (we found two!)

Birdwatching from the upstairs window

What would summer be without naked time?

Fishing with Dada!

Eating the goat food (carrots) at the petting zoo.

Herp appreciation at the zoo!

My special badge, I can now call my boobs "platinum"
for making it through 18 months of nursing :)

Also, this is my life:



And, in case you didn't believe me about singing songs, may I present to you Maya's rendition of the ABC's:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Diary

41 Weeks

The Two Week Wait