11 months!

Belated, again, but not by as much!  No, we're not walking yet even though she's been standing for two months, but she's maybe close?  She sure does a LOT of free standing, and the woodpecker walker has made its reappearance.  She's finally cutting her top lateral incisors this week, after like two weeks of crank, drool, and poor (like, poorer than normal, which is saying something) sleep.  However, just today was the the first day she skipped her morning nap (do I see a light at the end of the nap jail tunnel?), and all week she let me lay her down *awake* in her crib after nursing her and she drifted off to sleep peacefully, quietly, and by herself.  Will it last...?

Mostly, we're just keepin' on keepin' on.  Teaching (well, the writing lectures part) is totally kicking my ass.  I've written 8 lectures, I have 19 more to go (:::scream emoticon:::).  I'm also trying to write a new grant proposal, 3 manuscripts, finish a masters student this semester, and help a new masters student develop her project (but both projects are awesome, so that makes me happy :)).  We are busy, but our lives are full of things we like.

I'm trying to prepare for Annika's actual birthday in just a few weeks, which is weird in a number of ways, including that she shares the day with husband's birthday.  I haven't quite decided which of the present options to go with, nor how to make the day special for both of them at the same time.  My older brother and dad both shared a birthday as well, which I always thought was cool, but my brother was old enough to be too cool for school by the time I was really aware of any implications of that.  Well, I'll keep thinking, and maybe talk to my mom about it....

Anyway, what's Annika like at 11 months?  Primarily, getting more opinionated :)  I'll leave it at that :)

What Annika likes:
- doing downward dogs
- putting on clothes (HERSELF, no help from others)
- making incredible messes, everywhere she goes
- eating disgusting things off of the floor.  This hasn't happened yet, but if we have a child who ever eats cat poop, this is the one who'll do it.

What Annika hates:
- eggs.  Why?
- getting out of the bath.  Still.
- the vacuum
- Maya taking toys away from her

Happy January, everyone - next up is the big 12 months!!

Look at all those teeth!

Getting into *everything*

Everybody loooooves climbing on mama

More snow commuting

Annika and Dada

Sisters

The cat approves of the recent addition of blanket to crib



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Diary

Professor mommy

The Two Week Wait