50 day countdown

Last night, husband and I celebrated the fact that we have 50 days left until the due date (we had celebrated 100 days as well...with fondue :)).  This time, we celebrated with "make-your-own sushi night," which was really a ton of fun.  I used to do this upon occasion in grad school - one of my labmates had lived in Japan for some time (maybe a year?), and he was often the instigator of such get-togethers.  Bonus: this can be a super veggie-friendly event!

My favorite two veggie rolls, unabashedly stolen from restaurants in the town where I went to grad school:

The Guido: Avocado, cream cheese, garlic, basil, macadamia nuts
The Thailander: Cilantro, peanut butter, lime, carrot, sesame seeds (I think there was more in this roll, but this restaurant - and its website - has since gone out of business, so this was the best I could recreate from memory!)

Here are some photos of the event:

All the fixin's!

Notice the green can of "Izze" near the front - this sparkling juice has become my new "wine"

Husband is much, much better than I am at the fine art of sushi rolling.

Plus one of my gorgeous kitty snuggling the bump :)

I <3 <3 <3 my kitty - I don't know how I ever lived without her!

Other than that, not much new to report.  I had another appointment this morning with my awesome midwife, and baby is currently head down - good girl!  Of course, this lovely milestone means that it now feels like a pile driver is separating my pelvis into two halves whenever I stand up/walk/am otherwise vertical.  I don't have another appointment for three weeks, at which point (36 weeks) I begin my "every Monday morning at 8:00am" appointment routine until baby arrives.  I think I will *finally* start to feel more at ease at that point!  Things to occupy myself in the meantime: packing hospital bag and more labor training.  Both are underway!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Diary

41 Weeks

The Two Week Wait