Seven months...so late!

Well, yes, I do realize that it's already the second week of October, and I haven't written Annika's 7 month update.  Things are just so busy!  I know that sounds cliche, but seriously - as a pre-tenure professor who is also the mom of two kids with one a baby, I literally start running the second I wake up and don't stop until the second I go to bed (and then I nurse all night long).  I've never worked so hard in my life.  However, I've also never been so balanced in my life, so there's that....

At seven months, Annika and I have so much fun together.  We go most of every day with zero tears, except when I have to wipe her face.  She's completely mastered sitting, and our next adventure is crawling.  She can move quite far with scooting, and she's in the lean-and-rock phase, so crawling is definitely on the horizon somewhere.  She has her two bottom central incisors, which are super cute when she smiles.  She's wearing robeez-type shoes, her hair is filling in, and she's eating solids like a champ.  Tonight, she ate pizza, and I didn't even chew it for her!

We don't have any words yet, but I thought she made the sign for milk the other day - quite clearly, too.  We're working on receptive language and pointing ("Annika, where's mama's nose?  NOSE?), as well as waving.  We've mastered none of it, but we're trying :)  She also has started swimming lessons (Maya goes at the same time, which is a lot of juggling for me because I take them alone!), and although our teacher sucks compared to others we've had, Annika seems to enjoy the water a lot.

For the last two weeks of September, we took full advantage of our "modified duties" at work (no teaching or committee service - we don't even have to attend faculty meetings) and went to California.  My parents get a cabin up in the High Sierra every September, so we joined them there.  There was a freak snowstorm that dropped like 6 inches for which I had zero baby snow boots, but we made do.  Overall, a fantastic (although exhausting!) trip - and I have officially survived traveling across the country with two kids (the first time I've taken them both on a plane, although it was actually Annika's 8th (!!!) state!).

Things Annika loves:
- Maya
- Bath
- Nursing at night (in the daytime, well, there better not be anything better going on or she's simply not interested
- being outdoors
- Music/singing
- Abby

Things Annika hates:
- FACE WIPING
- Us taking food out of her mouth
- Mama sleeping at the foot of the bed to simply get some space
- Tipping over while reaching for something or sitting

That's about all I have time - or energy - for tonight.  Husband took both babies for an after-dinner walk so that I could write this.  Maybe I carpe diem and go shower :)


Mama and Annika time :)

I do *occasionally* get both girls to sleep at the same time

We brought in a bowl of snow for Annika

No snow boots?  No problem!

We did some car trips with me in the backseat, which was fun!

Sleep, baby, sleep

Just for posterity: hemangioma @ 7.5 months

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Diary

Professor mommy

The Two Week Wait