Eight months :)

Baby boo is sooooo old!!  I don't have time to write much, but everything is going well here.  Annika is pointing, waving, and making lots of sounds (although we don't have words quite yet).  She's very, very close to crawling (she can move around a lot, but I would not call her truly crawling yet), so we've put the downstairs baby gate back up.  She's eating solids like a champ, and reliably takes like twice as much milk at daycare as Maya took at this age (yay!).  This doesn't mean that she sleeps any better or nurses less at night, but hey, can't win 'em all :)

Mostly I'm just going to post some photos here - my parents are coming in a few weeks for Thanksgiving while husband does another field season in Peru, so hopefully I have time to post more then (likes and dislikes, general observations, etc.).  It's a bummer that I don't have as much time for blogging with Annika as I did with Maya, but ponder this for a sec - Maya was JUST NOW starting full time daycare, and I was about to then immediately take her to California for several weeks while Dan was in Australia.  The demands on my time are so greatly different this time around!  Just rest assured that we are happy, healthy, and thriving :)

We went to the local rock and gem show, and Maya got to pick out a GEODE!

They broke it open for us!

Maya picked a really good one :)

Maya and I are super into baking pies from scratch right now

I had to wake her up from a morning nap to go to swimming lessons, ugh -
super bummer than my inability to do things on time meant that
the only open time slot on Saturday mornings was 10:15, in the middle of naptime

We do a lot of reading to both girls at the same time - way to go, husband!

Maya is a mermaid for Halloween - but NOT Ariel, she is
Lorelei of the Rhine River :)

We got dressed up early for a weekend Halloween party at the museum

I <3 my babies


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Diary

Professor mommy

The Two Week Wait