Finally! Some naps!

This week, Maya decided to give up naps...oh, except she still needed them, so she was exhausted and cranky all the time (hence, no time for blog posts).  Today, though - we're on our second nap of the day!  Longer than 10 minutes!  Yes, Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus!

So now I'm super behind on work (housework and real work), so this will be a short post, mainly a quick update to a) let you know we're all still alive, and b) post some photos.  She's looking so old, and I can't believe that she's already six weeks!  Wow!

In between cranky baby bouncing, I am putting together Maya's room.  This probably should have been done before she was born, but we had this snafu where the basement didn't get finished, so we didn't have a new guest room, so Maya's room had to stay a guest room until our parents were done visiting to help us through the tough first few weeks (and we are SO grateful for their help!).  Anyway, the room is finally, slowly coming together.  We are also very tired of bouncing on the yoga ball, so my mom bought us a glider - we are anxiously awaiting its arrival!

First, we had to move the bed out of the room - I'm not supposed to carry a lot of weight until I'm officially cleared by the midwife this coming Monday, so we moved the box springs (the heaviest part of the bed) just to the closet of husband's office rather than down two flights of stairs.  There's a hole in the bottom of the box springs where Abby hides, and she thinks of the whole thing as "hers."  Thus, she followed it where it went :)

The beginning of Maya's room - owls will go up this weekend!  Color scheme is gray, white, and pastel-ish colors.

This is the glider (I can't believe we found gray and white!), which will go in the empty corner of the room in the photo above.
I'll post some photos of the room again after the weekend - I really hope the owls come out well!  They look super promising before hanging, but I don't underestimate my ability to screw it all up :)

And on that note, I'll leave you with some of Maya's no-nap cranky photos from the week while we waited out more sub-zero temperatures.  I swear, I cannot *believe* how cold it's been!  I don't even remember what walking outside actually feels like....

I might be wearing strawberries, but that doesn't mean I will be sweet!

No, Dad, I will *not* pose for you - do I look like your little trained monkey?!

An appropriate onesie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professor mommy

Dear Diary

Attempting the impossible