Polar Vortex 2014

"Feels like" -27°F

I had an appointment yesterday with my midwife to check on my incision, and it took so long to get on her schedule that I didn't want to miss it due to the weather. So we all bundled up something fierce and went, despite -27 degree wind chill! Thankfully, husband went too (and drove!) or it would have been an epic failure.

Anyway, despite unbelievably high city property taxes here, all road maintenance is funded through the (very poor) state, so things like snow plowing are considered "optional" here. This video shows the last leg of our journey yesterday - we absolutely wouldn't have made it without 4 wheel drive, not a chance.




P.S. This video looked *way* more impressive in high def - trust me, there's like 12 inches of snow on the road here, not the dusting that it looks like in this crappy quality version - we are hard core!!! 

Looking forward to some warmer weather later this week! Also, my mom returns for a second visit on Friday - we are all counting the days with glee :)

Sooooo tired.... :)


Such an unflattering photo of me - thanks, husband!

Ok, and one more yawning photo - I'm kind of obsessed with these :)

Wow, we made such a CUTE baby!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professor mommy

Dear Diary

Attempting the impossible