North Country sunbathing

The weather was reasonably warm today (see below).  In anticipation of yet another Polar Vortex week to come (also see below), husband, baby, and I tried to go out for a bird walk.  However, everything was incredibly icy - like 4 inches of solid ice sheet on every pathway icy - so we attempted but had to abort three different options (including an awesome lake and an arboretum) over the course of two hours.  We ended up buying some brownies from our very favorite bakery and just heading home.

OK today, not so much later on.

But it was still "warm" and sunny upon arrival back home, so I told husband that I was just going to sit outside in the snowbank to breastfeed.  OK, I didn't actually latch her, but I totally could have, and it made for a really funny photo op :)  Gotta take what humor you can in conditions like these!


At least my snow pants fit again!

Comments

  1. I've totally done the freezing-boob routine! :)

    As for your question: http://www.piggypajamas.com/Owl-Side-Tie-Onesie-p/owl-sto.htm?gclid=CM-Xifi04rwCFY17fgoduiEACQ

    Although Eli's set is actually a shirt and pants. It was the first baby thing I bought for Penelope when I was pregnant with her, at around 20 weeks, and I remember being insulted when the sales lady asked if it was a gift!

    It used to be a little boutique in Santa Barbara, which has since closed, but it looks like they've gone big-time online!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Diary

41 Weeks

The Two Week Wait