Two months!


We had Maya’s two month appointment (and shots!) yesterday - she handled everything so well!  She is now 24 inches (20.2 at birth) and 11lbs 12oz (8lbs even at birth, dropped to 6lbs 14oz at her lightest while my milk took its sweet time showing up).  Percentile-wise, she’s mid-range for weight, and she’s on the tall side of average. Frankly, I thought she might be up over 12lbs because we had to go into size 2 diapers (which are supposed to be 12-18lbs) a full two weeks ago, but no, she just makes a LOT of poop and it overwhelmed the capacity of size 1’s :)

Icicles at the ped's office - yep, it's still winter, and my patience is waning.

So what is Maya like at two months?  Alert, kicking, and still not napping (I’m writing this very, very quickly while she watches me from her swing).  She’s very independent - she still doesn’t much like to cuddle, preferring instead to be on the floor watching everything around her.  I’m still working on her, though, and she’s at least tolerating my overbearing cuddles and kisses now.  Her two new big developments are 1) shoving her hands in her mouth almost constantly - maybe she’ll finally suck her thumb! and 2) learning how to play “airplane” with her dad, which we call “super baby.”  Basically, her neck and back muscles are now strong enough to support her head and legs held out away from her body while flying through the air, which is beyond adorable.  I think I’m not really programmed to trust myself with whizzing my baby through the air, but husband is, and Maya *loves* it.

Dads are never afraid to rough-house!

Our best times of day are in the super early morning when I *liberate* her from her co-sleeper, and right after her bath at night, when she coos up a storm.  I’ll try to get a video of the latter tonight!

This is the face that greets me in the morning...I'm pretty lucky :)

The only thing we’re still working on is tummy time, which incites screaming and frustration every time, whether on the floor, my lap/chest, or boppy.  If anyone has any tips, I’d be happy to hear them!

OK, off to feed again if she’s not going to nap - so much for Eat-Play-Sleep!

Hugs from the girls!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Diary

41 Weeks

The Two Week Wait