A tropical getaway...to Ohio

A *very* quick post while Maya naps...we're trying to teach her to fall asleep on her own (i.e., without yoga ball bouncing, baby wearing, swing, or nursing), and we've been successful a couple of times (although she does startle a lot).  Anyway, she's currently in the middle of a "self nap" now!

Our trip this weekend was awesome.  Ohio was downright tropical, nearly 50°F with *no snow* on the ground.  It was the first time I've seen grass in over three months, and I felt like we went to Florida or something.  Maya was really quite well behaved for the 4 hour (each direction!) journey, with very little crying and no complete meltdowns - and I have now nursed at a number of service plazas along the Ohio Turnpike, lovely :)

What we learned over the weekend:

1) Maya discovered how to make a new sound: screeching pterodactyl.  Use that voice, Maya!

Husband likes to encourage the screeching.

2) We discovered that she *loves* TV.  Good thing we don't even own one here!

She fussed and did backbends to continue watching if we tried to turn her
away from the screen - yikes!

Transfixed

3) Maya shares a closer resemblance to her awesomely cute Aunt Wendy than to her own dad :)

Aunt Wendy at Maya's age - adorable!

4) Maya FINALLY took a bottle!  I had a hunch that a veteran bottle feeder like Grandma Lynn might be just the person to have some success where husband and I have failed, so I pumped for a few mornings before we went.  SUCCESS!!!

On the schedule this week is...a lot of work.  Science work.  Maya and I spent yesterday on campus and we'll be back again this afternoon.  I'm struggling with the balance, but hopefully practice makes perfect!  In between science, Maya and I are working on rolling over.  She's strong, so maybe soon!

A few other photos, just for fun....

Daddy rocking the Explore hold

Soooo obsessed with owls

Baby is *never* fat enough for me!

Comments

  1. I've never laughed so loud as when I saw those two pictures of Maya watching t.v. with Grandpa! Us Ohio folk are bad influences!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Diary

Professor mommy

The Two Week Wait