Spring!

Our neighborhood forest walk is starting to show a *teensy* bit of green - well, at least on the ground, if not in the trees :)

And I caught three snakes here today, yay!

Also, here's a little shot of Maya self-standing, and looking mighty proud of herself!

She can hold herself up in a standing position for almost a minute, at last timing!

Other than that, we're on the 3 day countdown until Maya and I head to CALIFORNIA, yay!  Wish us all the luck you can on the plane flight since we're going *without* husband, and I'm as equally nervous about screaming meltdowns pissing off the entire plane (trust me, this girl has a serious set of lungs on her) as I am about sitting next to someone who's entirely uncomfortable (or even maybe openly hostile, yikes!) about me breastfeeding.  Maya is - and always has been - a crazy nurser, popping on and off the breast 8 million times (= milk geysers during letdown, and lots of nip viewing the rest of the time), squirming, barfing, whining, chewing, the works. Although this strategy is somehow working well for her nutritionally, it's not a spectacle for the faint of heart when it comes to nursing in public!

I go to sleep every night pleading for the cosmos to send a nice, elderly grandmother who nursed like 12 children to sit next to me - please????

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you're getting good weather at last! Good luck on the flight, and do let us know how it goes. I recommend this product: http://www.blossommotherandchild.com/maternity-brands/bebe-au-lait/bebe-au-lait-nursing-cover-black-eyelet

    that's from a UK site, but you van find them at any baby store. They're so great for letting your baby go wild, fall asleep, whatever, without having to be naked in public. Also, I've found that it helps my babies be less distracted by all the stuff going on around them. And the wire in the neck hole allows you to maintain eye contact with your baby while she nurses, which you can't do if you try to use a blanket or scarf as a cover. Basically, it's a great thing-- I use mine whenever I'm in a situation where there is a lot of distracting stuff going on, or if I have to be in close proximity with people who I don't know well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Diary

41 Weeks

The Two Week Wait