Walking around @3cm - the World's Fastest Update

NO, I AM NOT IN LABOR.  I could walk around at 3cm for weeks without going into labor, actually.  This is important to be clear about since apparently I wasn't when I told this news to husband over text yesterday, and I totally freaked him out and he rushed home early from work after blowing up my phone while I was happily eating a yummy lunch at a restaurant.  However, I am extremely heartened by the fact that it took me lots and lots of pain and effort (and tears) to get to 3cm with Maya, and now I'm there with no effort at all!  Second babies are so fun :)

However, I just wanted to give this super fast update to report that 1) YAY, I'm so happy!, 2) my mom has safely arrived from California, so Maya's officially got her full-time available caretaker now and new baby is 100% authorized to come whenever, and 3) today is my very last day of major responsibility at work, after which actual "in person" things can totally be blown off :)  I had super bad contractions on Tuesday night before my mom got here, so painful that they actually reminded me why I got an epidural in the first place - labor is pretty much zero fun.  However, although the contractions were super regular and quite frequent (q3-4min) for a few hours, they weren't lasting very long (~35 sec) and weren't getting worse.  Just scary enough for me to lay on the couch and guzzle water, but not scary enough for me to trigger the brigade!

Also, my mom (who's sooo superstitious!) is freaking out about the "triple treat snow moon lunar eclipse + green comet" tonight, which I find hilarious :)  I don't know exactly when the March full moon is, but it's probably too late for me to hit that, so this is my last chance for a full moon delivery, lol.

I'll keep the blog updated in any case, I promise - 38 weeks on Sunday, woot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Diary

41 Weeks

The Two Week Wait