#tbt

My mom has been cleaning out her "attic" (more like a weird crawlspace, since she lives in California where they don't really have attics - or basements, for that matter), and so she recently sent me a bunch of old photos from my childhood.  She said most of them were reject photos that she didn't want and that she was mostly sending them so that husband could be prepared for what Maya's hair is going to look like as she's growing up.

It was so much fun going through the photos, so I thought I'd post one for Throwback Thursday that I think really captures the essence of my being, even now as an adult.  You're welcome.

Me, age 2-ish, with my Lolly Doll (the doll of the late 70's/early 80's) while sleeping on the potty.  I sucked my left thumb from in utero (I was born with a callus on that thumb, actually) until I was 5 and my parents bribed me to stop (with a fishing pole and dictionary - per my request).  I can still fall asleep almost anywhere, and I still sleep with my left hand up by my face.  It makes me wonder which of Maya's traits she'll still be talking about in her 30's….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Diary

41 Weeks

The Two Week Wait