Nothing yet


Yesterday, my mom called me a "ticking time bomb."  I'm pretty sure she meant that positively, but still :)

The last few days have been pretty quiet, and I'm trying to stay mellow.  The baby is still way too high - why won't she DROP, for heaven's sake?!? - and everything else is sort of...inert.

Tomorrow, we kick things up a notch.  I get my membranes stripped at 10am, which will result in one of two outcomes: 1) I have a very bad day but then the baby is born (YAY!!), or 2) I have a very bad day but things fizzle out after 6-8 hours and we get to repeat the fun on Monday.  In the latter outcome, Monday would also include a non-stress test (and a quick ultrasound to estimate fluid levels), so I guess that's a bonus?

One other positive of the baby being late is that husband finished writing, and giving, all the lectures for his class yesterday - he wrote 27 of them, and we are so proud of his work!  Now all he has to do is write, proctor, and grade a final, but we can handle that.  Although he is slightly miffed that the baby didn't even get him out of ONE lecture (come on, he says, doesn't he get some reward for impending fatherhood?), I think we all agree that finishing the whole class was sort of a nice surprise.

Anyway, today I'm supervising the move of my snakes into their final hibernation location on campus.  They've been in a "transition state" for the past two weeks, and I was *really* hoping I wouldn't be available for this part - watching two guys roll a rack onto a climate-controlled truck, drive around the block, and then unroll it into a new building - doesn't that sound like such a great use of my time???  It won't take long, but it does necessitate an entire trip up to campus (and it's colder than BALLS outside right now) and the putting on of something besides my yoga pants.  The animal care guys doing the move wanted me there, though, if I could possibly swing it, and since I'm so "inert," I guess I'll be making them happy!  After that, I'm going to bake (and eat) more Christmas cookies AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME.

I think I'll also make sure to spend some extra time today snuggling my kitty.  She's been such a trooper with so many people in the house, she deserves some extra cuddle time!  Maybe I'll start a trashy novel, too? :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Diary

Professor mommy

The Two Week Wait