Quick update - 41

Baby is doing great! NST was perfect, and I even had one contraction while hooked up to the monitors (see below!). Fluid is at an 18 (higher side of normal), so no concerns there.

I'm still at 1cm, but my real midwife (saw someone else on Thursday) said that the 40% effacement call had been "generous" at best, so I got downgraded. She *really* got up in there and stripped with gusto though (and stretched me to a 2), so here's to hoping. She said that the baby's engaged and she could totally touch her head (um, surreal, yes?!?) while stripping, so that was good news too. Also, I'm so overdue that they made me retake my beta strep test, but the redo confirmed that I am fortunately still negative.

And that concludes the good news! Not exactly earth shattering, but we'll take what we can get :) I will continue to post if there is any progress - mild, wiiiiiiidely spaced contractions for the moment - but otherwise, I'll be back again for another NST on Thursday morning and a Thursday night induction unless I chicken out and push it to the 23rd. Let me tell you, ain't NO ONE on the schedule for the 23rd, so it's wide open if we decide to switch....

Here's part of baby's NST:


Fetal heart rate trace on top, concurrent fetal movement and uterine activity on bottom. My one contraction is the "big sloping hill" just to the right of center on the bottom - baby tolerated it well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Diary

41 Weeks

The Two Week Wait